St. Vincent de Paul—Parish Conference
Nov. 6—St. Kevin and St. Benedict parishes are joining forces this month to assemble baskets for those in need this Thanksgiving. A total of 70 baskets will be assembled on Monday, Nov. 20 but we are still collecting items to put in the baskets, including cranberry sauce; coffee; tea; green beans; quick breads; corn; stuffing; gravy and juice. Please leave your donations at any of the church entrances before Nov. 20. If you have any questions, please call (401) 921-0907 and leave a message. Many thanks for your generosity!
St. Vincent de Paul parish chapter at St. Kevin merged with St. Benedict food pantry when the two parishes were yoked last July. At that time, the St. Kevin pantry was relocated to St. Benedict school and a much larger and more accessible space.
About St. Kevin Conference of St. Vincent de Paul
Nov. 11—The St. Kevin Conference of St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP) meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in St. Kevin School. New members are always welcome to join and “Help Us Help Our Neighbors.” The Diocesan Council of Providence consists of almost 1,000 members and 35 parish-based conferences.
Some of the services and assistance that SVdP provides include:
- Home Visits: Our work is built around the home visit, meeting people where they live in a spirit of friendship and solidarity.
- Direct Assistance: SVdP provides direct assistance for a variety of basic human needs including heat, food, and clothing.
- Voice of the Poor: VOP is the advocacy arm of SVdP that addresses issues critical to those living in poverty through systemic change.
- Disaster Relief: Our disaster services play a key role in providing disaster training, long-term case management, coordination of community resources, and House-in-a-Box.
- Clothing and Textile Bins: Anyone can donate clothing in one of our collection bins. We manage 148 collection bins throughout Rhode Island, providing us with clothing for our neighbors and funding through the sale of bulk textiles.