Deacon John P. Fulton, Ph.D.
- The Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, Nov. 26, 2017, Lives Well Spent (pdf)
- 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Oct. 29, 2017, First Things First (pdf)
- 26th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Oct. 1, 2017, He Shall Surely Live; He Shall Not Die (pdf)
- 21th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Aug. 27, 2017, It’s a Package Deal (pdf)
- 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time, July 9, 2017, Kiss The Stole and Put It On (pdf)
- The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, June 10, 2017, To Know Him (pdf)
- Sixth Sunday of Easter, May 21, 2017, The Deacon’s Litany of Hope (pdf)
- Third Sunday of Easter, April 30, 2017, Call Me Cleopas (pdf)
- First Sunday of Lent, March 5, 2017, Alibis (PDF)
- Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time, Feb. 12, 2017, God’s Justice Happens (pdf)
- Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, Jan. 1, 2017, Mary, My Mother (pdf)
- Third Sunday of Advent, Dec. 11, 2016, And Hope Will Abound! (pdf)
- 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time, Nov. 13, 2016, By Your Perseverance You Will Secure Your Lives (pdf)
Deacon John Fulton serves as the Deacon Assistant of St. Kevin Parish. He began his ministry on February 2, 2013, the day of his ordination to the diaconate. He is a graduate of Brown University (B.A., 1972; M.A., 1974 and 1975; Ph.D., 1978) and Providence College (M.A., 2011). Deacon John has been a member of the faculty of Brown University since 1978 and currently serves as a Clinical Associate Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences in the Brown School of Public Health. He retired from the Rhode Island Department of Health in January, 2017 after 30 years of state service.
In 2016, Deacon John was invited to facilitate a distance-learning (online) course on “The Prophets” offered by the Josephinum Diaconate Institute of the Pontifical College Josephinum, located in Columbus, Ohio.
At St. Kevin’s, he teaches the adult RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) class, prepares families for the baptism of infants and children, and holds Bible study classes. He assists Fr. Marciano at all weekend Masses (and in other liturgical celebrations as his work schedule permits). Deacon John and Anna, his wife of 35 years (and counting!), organize and run several diocesan marriage preparation weekends every year for engaged couples at St. Kevin’s and other parishes, assisted by dedicated volunteers (married couples) from around the diocese.
With Anna, Deacon John is a professed member of the Ordo Franciscanus Saecularis (O.F.S.). As a Secular Franciscan, he works to conform himself to the rule of his order. Secular Franciscans, in conformity with all Franciscans, attempt to live lives of poverty and simplicity and dedicate themselves to “rebuilding the Church” in the tradition of St. Francis of Assisi.
Meetings are typically held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in Fr. O’Hara Hall.
Adults who have experienced the loss of a loved one are provided an opportunity to talk at the group’s monthly meetings. Safe Haven will extend the parish’s funeral support and provide pastoral counseling, all within the context of our Christian faith and hope. All adults are welcome to join us. For more information, please contact Lisa Callahan, parish secretary, at 737-2638 or by email.
I am the resurrection and the life;
whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live,
and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.