July 1—The Diocese of Providence has released the names of clergy, diocesan and religious order priests as well as deacons, who have been credibly accused of sexual abuse of a minor since 1950. With the publication of this list, it is hoped that healing and consolation will be provided to those who have been harmed by this crisis and further, it is a sign of the diocese’s ongoing commitment to transparency and protecting children and youth.
- Letter from Bishop Thomas J. Tobin relative to the release of the List of Credibly Accused Clergy
- Letter from Bishop Tobin (PDF)
- List of Credibly Accused Clergy in the Diocese of Providence
- Prayer for Healing Victims of Abuse from United States Council of Catholic Bishops (USCCB)
- Prayer for Healing Victims of Abuse (bilingual PDF)
- Suggested Prayers of the Faithful from USCCB (PDF)