St. Kevin Conference of St. Vincent de Paul
St. Vincent de Paul parish chapter at St. Kevin merged with St. Benedict food pantry when the two parishes were yoked last July. At that time, the St. Kevin pantry was relocated to St. Benedict school and a much larger and more accessible space.
The food pantry needs help! Our shelves are very bare and especially with the holidays approaching we need donations of coffee, tea, jelly (strawberry or grape), canned fruit, peanut butter, hot chocolate, pasta sauce, pancake mix, spaghetti, Jello, Hamburger Helper. Thank you for your generosity.
About St. Kevin’s chapter
The St. Kevin Conference of St. Vincent de Paul (SVdP) meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in St. Kevin School. New members are always welcome to join and “Help Us Help Our Neighbors.” The Diocesan Council of Providence consists of almost 1,000 members and 35 parish-based conferences.
Some of the services and assistance that SVdP provides include:
- Home Visits: Our work is built around the home visit, meeting people where they live in a spirit of friendship and solidarity.
- Direct Assistance: SVdP provides direct assistance for a variety of basic human needs including heat, food, and clothing.
- Voice of the Poor: VOP is the advocacy arm of SVdP that addresses issues critical to those living in poverty through systemic change.
- Disaster Relief: Our disaster services play a key role in providing disaster training, long-term case management, coordination of community resources, and House-in-a-Box.
- Clothing and Textile Bins: Anyone can donate clothing in one of our collection bins. We manage 148 collection bins throughout Rhode Island, providing us with clothing for our neighbors and funding through the sale of bulk textiles.