Contact: Trish Meegan, Confirmation Director at email@example.com
Class of 2023
The Summer Confirmation program will be held August 7–11 from 10 a.m. to noon in Fr. O’Hara Hall. Deacon Greg Albanese will be teaching. Information about the required Community Service Project is posted below; further information about upcoming meetings and assignments will be forthcoming.
- Students will participate in a greeting card/letting writing program.
- Each student will be required to write AT LEAST one card or letter (PER RESIDENT – approx. 34) to distribute to the residents of the nursing home
- The main requirement for the project is EFFORT
- Cards can be handmade with any materials you want
- Cards may be store bought
- However, if you are using a store bought card – you must also write a note inside each one – your name alone is not sufficient
- You may write the residents a letter and/or a prayer
- Write them a letter about yourself, your process in confirmation, your hobbies – anything that you wish to share with them
- You may include other projects such as ornaments, pictures, small gifts that come from the heart etc.
- Remember – many of these residents no longer have any family. They do not get visitors often and any small act of kindness goes a long way. These residents are full of life and stories that we can all benefit from. They will likely see you as an adopted grandchild and will be thrilled to receive correspondence from you.
- There will be opportunities for you to participate in Parish activities (such as Gaelic Garlic Gala) throughout the year.
- You may also contact me with other ideas for projects and we can coordinate community service day or project to be carried out as a group
- In the past many students have had wonderful ideas of ways to give back in a way that was meaningful to them
- You will no longer be ticking hours off and checking boxes. The project is designed for you to understand the full meaning of living a Christian life and giving back to others. The meaning and value of community service cannot be counted in hours, but in effort and love.
ALL PROJECTS MUST BE COMPLETED BY JULY 1, 2023
—Trish Meegan, Confirmation Director
Confirmation Program Forms
- Registration Form
- Confirmation Sponsor Form
- Confirmation Saint Name Form
- Confirmation Community Service Hour Log
- Confirmation Contact Information
Please do not call our parish office with Confirmation Program questions. Thank you.
Required: Baptismal certificates must be on file at St. Kevin’s
If your child is new to the program, it is a requirement of the Diocesan Office of Education and Compliance that we have a baptismal certificate on file before your child can attend classes. Baptismal forms can be uploaded during the registration process or faxed to St. Kevin’s at 401−732−2832 Attn: Trish Meegan.
If your child was baptized at another parish, please contact that parish office and request that a copy of the baptismal certificate be mailed to 333 Sandy Lane, Attn: Trish Meegan; or faxed to St. Kevin’s at 401−732−2832, Attn: Trish Meegan. Certificates can also be dropped off at the parish office during business hours Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to noon.